Helpful Resources for Families
Parenting and Pregnancy websites and blogs
Mothering Magazine Now an online publication only, with many resources for pregnant women and new mothers, including a discussion forum.
InCultureParent A magazine for raising little global citizens. Centered on global parent culture and traditions, features articles on parenting around the world and raising multicultural and multilingual (also bicultural and bilingual) children.
Some Mom blogs and sites we like
- aPARENTly Speaking
- baby gooroo® is an online resource where parents and health professionals can access timely information affecting the health of babies and young children.
- Black Women Do Breastfeed Making the community of black breastfeeding moms visible.
- Cafe Mom
- Childhood Matters
- Daily Strength
- GoCity Kids
- Mommy Track’d
- Motherlode New York Times Blog
- News Moms Need from the March of Dimes
- PhD in Parenting
- Postpartum Progress The most widely read blog on maternal depression from award-winning blogger Katherine Stone.
- Preemie Mama Blog by the Mom of a preemie
- Preemie Primer by Dr. Jennifer Gunter, obstetrician/gynecologist and mother of three preemies.
- Rookie Moms
- Stork Stories: Birth and Breastfeeding Birth Stories, Baby stories, Breastfeeding–Anything from over the last 36yrs as an OB Neonatal Nurse CLC
- Stroller Derby