South Los Angeles Best Babies Collaborative
The South Los Angeles Best Babies Collaborative (SLABBC) is
a project of five community agencies working together to improve
birth outcomes of families in Bell, Bell Gardens, Cudahy, Compton,
Huntington Park, South Los Angeles, Lynwood, and South Gate
(zip codes 90001, 90002, 90003, 90011, 90037, 90044, 90059, 90061, 90201, 90221, 90222, 90255, 90262, and 90280). SLABBC
provides intensive case management to 140 high-risk women.
- SLABBC provides social support classes to pregnant and parenting teens where they can talk about their problems with their peers.
- SLABBC provides monthly health education classesin English and Spanish where women can learn how to take care of themselves and their children.
- SLABBC featured in First 5 LA's Monday Morning Report.
- LA BioMedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- INMED/MotherNet LA
- SHIELDS for Families
- South Central Family Health Center
- Watts Healthcare Corporation
To promote healthier pregnancies, birth outcomes, and interconception care in South Los Angeles by strengthening linkages between community-based medical and social service providers.
All babies in South Los Angeles have a healthy start in life.
Innovation and creativity, Vision-focus (keep our focus on the ultimate aim of serving the community), Cultural-sensitivity, Optimism yet realism, Flexibility, Productivity, Dedication and commitment, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Shared responsibility.